Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to Some of my Favorite Moms!

People always say that as you get older, the pages on the calendar tend to flip over a little faster and the days all seem to start blurring together a tiny bit. I guess that's true - sometimes I can't figure out how summer (not summer break, but ACTUAL summer in Oregon) is only about a month away when I could have sworn that yesterday was, like, December.

But as fast as the days may fly by, there are certain days that seem to mean so much more to me as I get older. Mother's Day is just one of those days. Every year, it seems like I know one or two more new moms, embarking on this incredible journey of parenthood. It's very exciting.

So, today, I first want to say how excited I am for my sissy pants, Katie. My new little niece, Taylor, is just the cutest little thing ever. Olivia likes the baby too, which is good since she will have to show Taylor the ropes. Most importantly, my sister is healthy, happy and a wonderful, attentive, caring mother.

And how about some love for MY mom! She's simply the best. It's true. Here's why: without her, there's no me; without her cavalier early-20's attitude, I don't have a cavalier early-20's attitude; no attitude... maybe no Livi?!? Anyway, do you see how this all comes together? Thanks Mom, for all the indirect influence you had in giving me life's greatest gift. Hope you have a GREAT day today with Kate, Dad, Ryan, and Taylor!

Finally, I want to share my appreciation for Olivia's mom, Amanda. She's so loving and dedicated. I always know that no matter where Olivia is, whether she is with me or Amanda, she is going to be loved and protected. She wants nothing but the best for our Livi Lu, and that sure makes co-parenting our girl an easy task (for now - until she sneaks out of the house with one of our cars. I hope it's not mine. I think when she's 16, I should have a pretty nice car. Oh God - she's totally going to wreck my car, isn't she?!?).

Anyway, I just had to share a little bit of my love for a few of the important moms in my life. I hope you all remember to do the same today!

(Yes, I know this is light on Livi-related adventures. But c'mon - it's Mother's Day weekend. She's with her mom! Sit tight, we'll be back with stories to tell this week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment